|New York, NY, Hybrid
|March 1, 2024
Purpose of Position:
Our Development Assistant is in charge of the day-to-day management of Maestra’s donors. This position will work alongside the Director of Development and Development Consultant to implement cultivation and stewardship processes and systems to ensure sustainability in Maestra’s relationships with our donor base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Serve as the primary manager of Maestra’s donor database, Bloomerang, by inputting donations, keeping donor data clean, and pulling reports
- Process donation acknowledgment receipts
- Assist Maestra’s Development team with maintaining efficient donor management systems that support Maestra's donor prospect identification, cultivation, and stewardship goals
- Assist Maestra team with drafting donor correspondence
- On-site support at development-related events
- Attend weekly Development Department meetings; follow up with team members to ensure tasks are completed
- Work with data including data entry, proofreading, and spreadsheet management
- Other related duties as needed
- Completion of some college-level coursework or commensurate professional experience in a related role
- Administrative experience
- Proficiency with MS Office/Google Apps
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Outgoing, proactive approach
- Detail-oriented and self-directed, able to prioritize deadlines
- Experience with/aptitude for working in a fast-paced, hybrid work environment
- Understanding of the nonprofit sector, community building, theater, and music, as well as a commitment to social justice and ongoing gender and racial equity efforts
This position will be paid hourly at a rate of $20/hour.
The schedule is flexible, but 20 hours/week is expected.
This role is located in New York City and will be both in-person and virtual
Maestra Music provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
About Maestra Music
Maestra Music, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization based in New York that provides support, visibility, and community to the women and nonbinary people who make the music in the musical theater industry. Maestra envisions a world in which women and nonbinary people have equitable access, visibility, and creative impact in the musical theater industry. These musicians are historically and consistently under-represented in musical theatre. By delivering on our mission, we will be a catalyst and driving force to help achieve gender equity in our business.