|Location||330 7th Ave 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001|
|Start||August 1, 2023|
|Compensation||Salary commensurate with experience, between $58,500 and $62,500|
OPERA America, the national nonprofit service organization for opera, headquartered at the National Opera Center in midtown New York City, seeks a mid-level fundraiser to manage the organization’s $250,000 portfolio of 3,000+ individual members and mid-range donors.
The Individual Membership Manager is responsible for managing OPERA America’s development efforts across four areas:
1. Direct Mail – They oversee and execute the organization’s systems for renewal, cultivation, acquisition, acknowledgment, and stewardship through a comprehensive direct mail program.
2. Member Stewardship – They oversee and execute a variety of member benefit programs, including Artist Hangout webinars, Report from the Field videos, and New Work Catalogs.
3. Frontline Service – They provide frontline customer service to members and mid-range donors over the phone, by email, and in-person at events.
4. Special Events – They plan and run select special events for members, donors, and guests, including those alongside public programs at the National Opera Center (8-10 per year); and support additional multiday events at the annual conference and in New York City.
5. Donor Portfolio – They manage a portfolio of high prospect mid-level donors with the potential to increase their annual giving or contribute to special initiatives.
The Manager works with and reports to the Director of Development and Membership, who manages donors of $500+; and a Member Services Coordinator, who manages gift entry, acknowledgment, and other renewal systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an organized, process-oriented, and goal-driven project manager, able to lead a project from start to finish.
- Be self-motivated and resourceful, especially in looking for ways to grow and add value to the membership.
- Have experience in mail merge, Microsoft Excel, and database software (e.g. DonorPerfect, Tessitura, Raisers Edge, etc.)
- Be collaborative in working with colleagues across the organization.
- Demonstrate professional communications with a variety of audiences over the phone, by email, and in person, as well as in written appeals and promotions.
- Be data-fluent, metrics-oriented, and efficiency-minded.
- Demonstrate accomplishments in membership, annual giving, and/or related areas of fundraising or sales either through prior job experience and/or educational degrees.
Salary commensurate with experience, between $58,500 and $62,500. Benefits package including health and dental coverage, pension, paid time off, life insurance, access to rehearsal/performance venue, and opportunities to network with opera leaders nationwide.
The Manager position is based in-person at OPERA America’s New York City offices, with the flexibility of 90 work-from-home days to use throughout the year with occasional limitations. The Manager will participate in occasional evening/weekend duties for events (approx. 10-15 per year) and may need to travel to attend the annual Opera Conference (week-long travel).
How to Apply
Please apply at operaamerica.org/IMMJob with the following materials:
- Cover letter: Tell us why you are interested in working at OPERA America in this particular position
- Resume (outlining your career accomplishments)
- 1 Recent Writing Sample (illustrating prior fundraising/solicitation work)