Transport Group Theatre Company
|Location||520 8th Ave Suite #311, New York, NY 10018|
|Start||August 15, 2023|
|Compensation||This is a permanent part time position based in Manhattan with a hour rate of $30-$35 (rate based on experience) plus monthly health insurance reimbursements. The position provides hybrid flexibility with some in office hours on a weekly basis to be determined by Senior Management. Marketing and Communications Manager’s presence will be required at some performances, fundraising, cultivation, and community outreach events on select days, including occasional evenings and weekends. Transport Group is committed to supporting diverse work styles catered to each employee's specific needs.|
DIGITAL MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER POSITION
Reporting to both the Artistic Producer and Executive Director, this person will provide departmental leadership and collaborate our staff to effectively build Transport Group’s brand and the brand of each production, program and special event. The candidate will play the lead role in a broad range of innovative, data-inspired, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven activities to expand Transport Group’s reach and impact. The ideal candidate will have a passion for non-profit theatre and will be a creative thinker and problem solver.
Transport Group seeks a candidate pool from a variety of backgrounds and experience to encourage new perspectives and practices within the organization. We seek applicants who are determined to advance our mission and values, work in a collaborative environment with varying viewpoints, are committed to flexibility, personal and professional growth. This position will include career advancement and training opportunities.
• Develop and carry out a comprehensive marketing and communications
campaigns to identify, attract, cultivate, steward, and retain audiences.
• Generate ticket revenue projections based on historical sales trends and pricing
of house; set and manage pricing; maximize revenue by implementing dynamic
pricing strategies in coordination with overall organizational goals.
• Employ marketing and digital strategies and tools that extend Transport Group’s
reach to the broadest potential audience.
• While in production, work with box office manager to fill houses, manage 3rd
party ticket vendors (TDF, todaytix, etc), and internal comps and house seats.
• Maintain Transport Group Website including designing digital graphics for the
website and social media.
• Manage Transport Group’s email and mailing lists and produce eblasts and other
marketing collateral promoting upcoming shows, programs, and special events.
• Identify cross-promotional opportunities.
• Partner with Development staff to provide marketing and communications
services that help achieve objectives for fundraising programs and campaigns.
• Develop reporting and analytics to effectively track sales and financial
• A record of accomplishment in theatre, arts, or event marketing
• Excellent communication skills, both in writing and interpersonally along with an unwavering commitment to detail
• Proven ability to fill houses.
• Prior experience with working with third party ticketing outlets
• Proficiency in all facets of current digital advancement trends
• Proficiency with MS Office products Google Suites, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with CRM systems such as Audience View, WordPress, Mailchimp,
and video editing are a plus.
• Maturity, steadiness, and a sense of humor
How to Apply
Transport Group Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are focusing on creating an inclusive environment and seek to build a diverse team in the pursuit of these cultural goals. The organization is interested in receiving applications from people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, ages, classes, religions, people with disabilities and veteran status. Qualified individuals, please submit your cover letter, outlining why you would like to join our team, and resume to [email protected] with Marketing and Communications Manager - Your Name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.