MAESTRA MUSIC is seeking a Marketing & Communications Intern
Are you interested in spending your winter working with a young non-profit organization committed to serving women and nonbinary theatre musicians? Join Maestra’s team!
Term: November 2023 – March 2024. (Exact dates are negotiable.)
College credit is available or, if credit is not applicable, a stipend of $2000 will be provided. Current enrollment in a college program is encouraged but not required. Schedule is flexible, but 10-15 hours per week is expected. Women/Nonbinary/People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and write WINTER INTERNSHIP APPLICATION in the email’s subject. Applications are due by 6 pm EDT on Monday, September 25th, 2023.
Our work includes the Directory at the center of our website (www.maestramusic.org), regional and online community groups, DEIA training and resources, RISE Theatre (www.risetheatre.org), the Maestra Mentorship program, technical workshops, and ongoing fundraising efforts and awareness campaigns.
This internship will be hybrid, partly remote with scheduled Zoom meetings and tandem staff work and partly in-person at our midtown Manhattan office and at events in NYC. Location in the greater NYC area is necessary.
The Marketing & Communications Intern will work with our Director of Marketing & Communications on strategizing and creating content from November until the end of March, including newsletters, social media, invitations and mailings, and the Maestra website.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Attending meetings at various times and taking notes
- Maintaining and updating the Maestra website
- Creating graphics and video content for newsletters, social media, and physical marketing materials
- Posting and scheduling social media content
- Managing contacts and emails
- Working with data including data entry, spreadsheet management, and updating and organizing files and charts
Ideal candidates will have:
- Interest in nonprofit work, community building, music, and theater, as well as a commitment to social justice and ongoing gender and racial equity efforts
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Very strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage deadlines, take initiative, and work independently
- Familiarity with basic graphic design skills
- Experience working with Mailchimp, Canva, Photoshop, Adobe, iMovie/Final Cut, and Facebook/X/Instagram/TikTok/YouTube.
- Willingness to speak up and share ideas and expertise in meetings
- A collaborative spirit and a sense of fun