Maestra Music is seeking a Director of Programs, which will be a new full-time position within the organization. This person will report to the Founder. The Director of Programs will be responsible for researching, planning, developing, and implementing all aspects of Maestra’s current and future programs, including hiring staff, managing budgets, interfacing with volunteer leaders, and advertising Maestra’s programs and their happenings to potential participants. The duties of the Director of Programs include designing and supporting new infrastructures, establishing the scope of each program, setting deadlines, delegating tasks to team members, and upholding the Maestra values statement and the ideals of DEIA in all that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization’s strategic objectives
- Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines, and milestones
- Develop and approve operations and budgets and maintain program expenditures within budgeted parameters
- Participate in, as needed and appropriate, development work to fund the programs
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization
- Hire, train, and supervise a strong team by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities with program heads, staff, and volunteers
- Build and manage positive partnerships with other organizations to expand program opportunities
- Collect and evaluate data of programs’ individual and organization’s collective impact
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstration of comparable experience
- Minimum five years experience working in programs management
- Demonstrated organizational, managerial, and communication skills (written and verbal) with excellent attention to detail
- Facility with spreadsheets and budgets
- A commitment to DEIA and open-minded listening
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, love of the performing arts, and a commitment to and passion for Maestra’s mission
Salary range between $70k – $80k annually plus health benefits
Position is located in New York City and will be both in-person and virtual
Ideal Start Date: March 15, 2022
Maestra Music provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected].
Applications close on January 14th at 11:59PM EST.