Yumi Oshima entered Juilliard Pre-College at the age of 7, one of the youngest in its history. Following an accident, she graduated with a degree in Music Composition and continued composition with John Harbison at MIT while pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Nuclear Engineering.
In the year prior to Covid shutdown, she played violin and viola with American Ballet Theater Orchestra at Lincoln Center, viola in the premiere of Pulitzer Prize winning opera Prism, violin in PJ Morton's Grammy winning Gumbo Unplugged album, and violin in Emmy winning production of Jesus Christ Superstar Live on NBC.
- Off Broadway
- NYC/Tri-State Area
- Upstate NY
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Music Assistant
- Incidental Music Composer/Arranger
- Pit Musician (Other)
- Music Contractor/Coordinator
- Classroom music teacher at an educational institution
My Primary Instrument
- Violin Viola
- Violin - fiddle
- THE AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS (AFM)
Person of Color?