Sarah Marguerite Overton
Sarah is three-parts a Performing Artist, Teaching Artist, and Arts Advocate.
As a Performing Artist, Sarah has:
- Been featured as a soloist, chamber musician, band member, at venues and shows including: Carnegie Hall, SoFar Sounds, Cipriani's, Arts District Brooklyn (AD/BK), Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Studios Resort, Chelsea Table and Stage, and international performance venues in Wales U.K., and Paris, France.
- Been selected as the touring cellist for a nationwide tour of the Sony/Marvel “Into the Spider-verse” Film Orchestra concerts with the Broadway Sinfonietta.
- Been the principal cellist for the Sugar Lane band with Chiõma, an ensemble of Grammy-nominated musicians performing internationally for live events through Hank Lane Music & Productions.
- Been the Music Director for Limitless AI: Superstrings at Arts District Brooklyn (AD/BK) for its first performance on American soil, curating musical experiences for a unique immersive visual and musical experience.
As a Arts Advocate, Sarah has:
- Served as Director, Project Onboarding at CCS Fundraising where her team has helped to build campaign framework for clients such as: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Clark Art Institute, the Perez Art Museum Miami, StoryCorps, the New York Youth Symphony and more.
- Collaborated with The Dream Unfinished Orchestra to produce new online programming by facilitating partnerships with Lincoln Center and Democracy NYC leading to national visibility for composers of color and voting rights.
- Founded the NYFA Fiscally-Sponsored Artist Project "The Missing Year Project" to document and celebrate the dreams and aspirations of artists of color throughout the pandemic.
As a Teaching Artist, Sarah has:
- Been a teaching artist with Soyulla Artists, a dynamic youth arts organization serving students in the New York City Metropolitan area. (Need private lessons?)
- Spoken on panels and given talks or lectures for Columbia University, George Washington University, and MSU Denver on “Arts and Civic Engagement”, "User Experience Design for Arts Nonprofit Organizations," and “Expanding the BIPOC Classical Repertoire”.
- Served as the Program Director of A Gift For Music, an El-Sistema style arts education program serving 350+ students each year with tuition-free music education.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- NYC/Tri-State Area
Interested in touring?
- Music Contractor/Coordinator
- Classroom Music Teacher
- Bass - electric
- Arts Administration
Person of Color?