Kat Sherrell is a musician and writer whose hats include: composer, lyricist, pianist, music director, conductor, producer, and author. She is currently the Music Director for the 1st National Tour of HAMILTON. Other pianist-conductor credits include Broadway shows/tours IN THE HEIGHTS, BRING IT ON, THE BOOK OF MORMON; NBC’s SMASH; three+ seasons as Associate/Interim Music Supervisor at Seattle’s 5th Avenue Theatre.
Sherrell’s book EXPERIENCING BROADWAY: A LISTENER’S COMPANION was published by Rowman & Littlefield in 2016. Sherrell has developed several shows with collaborator Natalie Wilson including SWEETHEARTS OF SWING and (UN)SUNG: A NEW MUSICAL. Other projects include settings of Caridad Svich’s lyrics in Svich’s 12 OPHELIAS: A PLAY WITH BROKEN SONGS in a production directed by Amanda Friou for the Seattle Shakespeare Festival, and the modular interactive What’s Your Story suite for the brass quintet CALLIOPE.
Recent projects include the release of her first EP "Archaeology" (available on Bandcamp, Apple, Spotify, etc), studying songwriting & music production, and volunteering for Maestra as the Co-chair of the Regional and Affinity groups.
- Off Broadway
- NYC/Tri-State Area
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Theatrical Lyricist
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Baton)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Vocal Arranger
- Dance Arranger
- Incidental Music Composer/Arranger
- Instrumentalist/Pit Musician
- Music Transcriber
- Music Producer/Record Producer
- Audition Pianist
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
- Rehearsal Pianist
- Film Scoring
- THE AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS (AFM)
- THE DRAMATISTS GUILD