Kat Sherrell is a musician and writer whose hats include: composer, lyricist, pianist, music director, conductor, producer, and author. Pianist-conductor credits include Broadway shows/tours IN THE HEIGHTS, BRING IT ON, THE BOOK OF MORMON, and HAMILTON; NBC’s SMASH; three seasons as Associate/Interim Music Supervisor at Seattle’s 5th Avenue Theatre.
Sherrell’s book EXPERIENCING BROADWAY: A LISTENER’S COMPANION was published by Rowman & Littlefield in 2016. Sherrell has developed several shows with collaborator Natalie Wilson including SWEETHEARTS OF SWING and (UN)SUNG: A NEW MUSICAL. Other projects include settings of Caridad Svich’s lyrics in Svich’s 12 OPHELIAS: A PLAY WITH BROKEN SONGS in a production directed by Amanda Friou for the Seattle Shakespeare Festival, and the modular interactive What’s Your Story suite for the brass quintet CALLIOPE.
Kat recently completed the Berklee Online certificate in film and television scoring. She is currently the Associate Music Director for the Los Angeles company of HAMILTON.
- Off Broadway
- NYC/Tri-State Area
- LA/Southern California
- Seattle/Pacific NW
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Theatrical Lyricist
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Not Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Vocal Arranger
- Dance Arranger
- Incidental Music Composer/Arranger
- Music Transcriber
- Pit Musician (Keyboards)
- Music Producer/Record Producer
- Audition Pianist
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
My Primary Instrument
- Synth - keyboards
- THE AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS (AFM)
- THE DRAMATISTS GUILD