Julia Thornton is a performance psychology consultant, music director, conductor, pianist, and vocal coach based in the Pacific Northwest. Her unique experience combines creative practice with the scientific study of performance psychology. She holds a M.S. in Performance Psychology from the University of Edinburgh, and a B.A. from the University of Oregon in Anthropology and Music. Julia regularly works with Seattle’s The 5th Avenue Theatre, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Village Theatre, Seattle Children's Theatre, and St. Paul’s The Ordway Center for Performing Arts in a variety of roles including music director and music supervisor, conductor, pianist and pit musician. Her work on the Ordway Cabaret “Back to Before” received a BroadwayWorld nomination in 2019 and in 2015 she music directed the Gregory Award Winning Best Musical Into the Woods.
- Seattle/Pacific NW
Interested in touring?
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Baton)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Vocal Arranger
- Instrumentalist/Pit Musician
- Music Copyist
- Music Contractor/Coordinator
- Audition Pianist
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
- Rehearsal Pianist
- THE AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS (AFM)