Grace Yu-Xin Zhao
Hi! My name is Grace and I'm a current undergrad at Princeton University with a minor in music theater. While I haven't had any professional experience (yet, hopefully), I've been heavily involved in the theater program at Princeton primarily as a performer and music director. As an Asian American woman, I continually strive to broaden representation for marginalized voices; my greatest aspiration is to tell stories, either by writing and composing my own or by performing such roles, that deserve a greater platform amidst our western canon of predominantly white-American theater. Eager to learn more and excited to be plugged in with this amazing network of womxn!
Past credits at Princeton University include:
- Sweeney Todd (music director, cancelled due to COVID-19 interruptions)
- The World Premiere of "Sister Mok-rahn", by Eunsung Kim, translated by Dayoung Jeong (played "Jo Da-jah"; music director)
- Mother Courage and Her Children (played "Swiss Cheese"; music director, conductor, accordionist, pianist)
- Spring Awakening (music director, conductor, pianist, guitarist)
- The Princeton Triangle Club's 128th Fall Show (cast member)
- NYC/Tri-State Area
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Vocal Arranger
- Instrumentalist/Pit Musician
- Guitar - acoustic
Person of Color?