Maestra Classes Offered
How to Teach Someone To Match Pitch
"Falcone's score is cheerful and inventive, filled with jokes for the tweens and wit for the adults"
"Falcone's tuneful score delivers one terrific song after another"
"The show…has a catchy score by Beth Falcone with pop-rock melodies and smart lyrics"
“Beth Falcone's rock and pop-inspired tunes into a series of colorful song-and-dance numbers that tug the ear, delight the eye, and yank you through the story in spite of yourself.”
“It's not easy to write and arrange music that seems to effortlessly balance simplicity and fun with originality and musical literacy. Ms. Falcone has done so.” —NY Theater Review
• Beth Music Directs and performs for the revival of "In the Deep Heart's Core", originally produced in Chicago, the Chicago Sun Times sited: " Beth Falcone's fiery piano playing. . . "
• Beth debuts on Hammond B3 with the Bob Malone Band at the Cutting Room in NYC and tours the northeast.
• Beth wins the Pan American Vocology Association Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Achievement Award for her leadership of the Diversity Committee from 2020 - 2022. Her words: “This award is for all of us…In my mind, it is an award for collaboration, respectful and straightforward dialogue resulting in meaningful action."
• Poetry Electric: Second Sex: Beats & Texts, LA MAMA, New York City — BETH Performed an excerpt from a one woman show under development under the direction of Gretchen Cryer.
• Beth produced: "Around the World in 80 Minutes" — in association with PAVA / Pan American Vocology Association and HappyHolidayopolis.com.
Featured composer in:
She Will Rock You—54 Below
Lincoln Center Library—New Composers' Series
Bound for Broadway—Merkin Hall
Musical Director (Off Broadway):
• UNEXPECTED JOY — York Theatre
• Assistant Musical Director (to the composer, Nancy Ford) for BLUE ROSES — York Theatre
• MUFTI Series — York Theatre
• BMI Musical Theater Showcases — Manhattan Theater Club
• Morgan State University
• Voice Training Center — Mexico City, Mexico
• "Life's a Pitch, and Then You Sping" Workshops— Voice Foundation, PAVA, Oklahoma University, Maestra Tech Series
—a method for teaching the pitch challenged, based on almost 30 years of teaching voice and sound scientific principles.
Other writing projects:
"Are Women People?" — a new victrola musical, inspired by suffragist Alice Duer Miller's 1915 book of the same title.
“Love in the Age of Recycling"—a modern love story.
Performed all over the country, Beth’s holiday choral pieces have become favorites:
"Happy DiwanukKwanzMas"—"I am the Hanukkah Light"—"Hanukkah is Coming"—"Do You Hear?" (Christmas)
Beth teaches singing technique, voice science, and is the proud teacher of many working professionals who have performed on Broadway, off-Broadway, national and international tours. Her pitch-matching method, called "Life's a Pitch and Then You Sping!" is the subject of two research studies. Stay tuned! Or join her pitch matching class! 😉 For more info on workshops, please contact her directly: [email protected]
1997: Fun fact. . . Beth was a music assistant on the "Lion King" and transcribed the original pieces that Lebo Morake created right in the rehearsal room!
- Off Broadway
- NYC/Tri-State Area
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Theatrical Lyricist
- Theatrical Bookwriter
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Baton)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Vocal Arranger
- Instrumentalist/Pit Musician
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
- Rehearsal Pianist
- Voice Teacher (Private Studio)
- THE AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS (AFM)
- THE DRAMATISTS GUILD
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS OF SINGING (NATS)
- THE RECORDING ACADEMY