Barbara J Anselmi
I'm the composer and conceiver of It Shoulda Been You (Broadway), composer of The Orphan Train with several projects in the pipeline. I love music, people and theater. I've spent my life combining all three for my work. Composing shows, music directing, coaching actors, and brainstorming ideas are the types work I thrive on. Sharing what I've learned from experiences in life and in the classroom is incredibly important to me. I teach master classes and currently work at Barnard bringing musical theater to growing minds. I've music directed shows and concerts (coming up with new arrangements for classic songs in the musical theater cannon is one of my favorite activities). I love and play all types of music (from classical to pop) well, but really love jazz and it has influenced a lot of my writing.
- Off Broadway
- NYC/Tri-State Area
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Music Director/Conductor (Not Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Vocal Arranger
- Class/Voice Lesson/Rehearsal Pianist
- Classroom music teacher at an educational institution
- THE DRAMATISTS GUILD