Dr. Thea Kano received her doctorate in choral conducting from the University of California, Los Angeles. She holds a Master of Music degree from UCLA and a bachelor’s degree in choral music education and piano performance from Arizona State University. She serves as the Artistic Director of the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington, DC, for which she also directs its small ensembles Rock Creek Singers and Potomac Fever. Dr. Kano is the Artistic Director Emeritus of the New York City Master Chorale, which she founded in 2005.
- NYC/Tri-State Area
- LA/Southern California
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Voice Teacher (Private Studio)
- Voice Teacher (Educational Institution)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS OF SINGING (NATS)