A composer and songwriter for original theatre. Stephanie Singer’s work is disarmingly intimate. Through original pop, experiential live music, electronica-choral composition, animation and theatre, she draws the audience into varied worlds of unbridled joy where they can celebrate the insanity of the human experience together.
Channelling her insatiable energy into various media, Stephanie's catalogue ties threads of her own experiences together to explore the question: what does it mean to be human? Future facing, quizzical and challenging - she’s here to play.
Stephanie creates as a solo artist, most recently travelling to Russia as the British Council musician in residence to produce her pop-electronica adventure New Symmetry.
She is the proud creative director of BitterSuite, an immersive music company whose work has featured at The Royal Opera House, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Gulbenkian, The Science Gallery, Midlands Art Centre, Rich Mix, Roundhouse, Nesta, Bristol Arnolfini, TedX and Wilderness Festival.
Her credits include:
- The Moth (Original string score for a NYCB immersive ballet)
- New Symmetry (Pop-electronica score)
- Simon and His Shoes (original musical)
- HELD (original orchestral score for a 40 minute audio experience)
- JEFF (original musical comprising of disco, 80s, tracks for local living Kareoke legend Jeff.)
'Populist... in the best way'
Josh McNorton, Wembley Park
'I couldn't have imagined how weird and thumpingly wonderful New Symmetry would be'
- Off Broadway
- United Kingdom
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Music Assistant
- Vocal Arranger