Melissa Walker Glenn
Dr. Melissa Walker Glenn, mezzo-soprano, is an assistant professor of voice at Brigham Young University–Hawaii. She holds a bachelor’s degree in vocal performance from the same university, a master’s degree in voice performance and literature from the Eastman School of Music, and a doctoral degree in voice performance from Arizona State University.
Dr. Glenn is passionate about utilizing the arts as a vehicle for social change. One of her proudest achievements is funding, organizing, creating, and performing a song cycle based on the words and lives of childhood sex-trafficked survivors in India in 2009. In October 2019, her musical Gingerbread, which she co-wrote with playwright John Bell, was workshopped in Hawaii. Gingerbread, a dystopian adaptation of Hansel and Gretel, explores how inequality renders children vulnerable and how we can help.
Interested in touring?
- Theatrical Composer (Music and Lyrics)
- Theatrical Composer (Music only)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Music Assistant
- Voice teacher with roster of private students
- Classroom music teacher at an educational institution
My Primary Instrument
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TEACHERS OF SINGING (NATS)