Singer, songwriter, composer, keyboardist, percussionist.
Alley Theatre - Houston, Texas
Cambodian Rock Band - Music Supervisor and Co-Music Director
Cast member: Pou (keys, percussion)
- Vocal work featured in Soundtrack of EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (A24), as Michelle Yeoh's "Opera Evelyn" in Chinese Opera fight scene.
- Arranger and cast member in Cambodian Rock Band (Off-Broadway Signature Theatre 2020, La Jolla Playhouse 2019, Oregon Shakespeare Festival 2019, South Coast Rep 2018).
- Huong in Vietgone (East West Players, Los Angeles 2018)
- Original compositions for All’s Well That Ends Well (OSF 2019)
- Composer & Music Director in Secret In The Wings (Coeurage Theatre Co, Los Angeles 2016).
My electro project Surrija (Sur-RYE-ya) plays with asymmetry, glitch, and electronic treatment of classical training. I began doing covers on Youtube in 2010, gained a kind and loyal following that has since funded 2 original albums. Music video “Southern Winds” earned Best Music Video at Dublin Web Fest 2016.
I'm originally from HK, with classical roots and a choral conducting degree.
In the last 5 years, my songwriting has evolved from acoustic/classical roots into bolder electronic tones that retain tactile layers. In the end, I'm an analog person and remain drawn to human tones. I love exploring textural designs and song forms. The latest album, SURRIJA (Self-titled, 2020), featured Matt Chamberlain (drums - David Bowie, Fiona Apple, Perfume Genius). Produced by Surrija, Sophocles, and Maxwell Gualtieri.
Earmilk claims it “is simply on a different wavelength … chilling and seductive”. It was nominated for Best Pop Album at San Diego Music Awards 2021.
- Off Broadway
- LA/Southern California
Interested in touring?
- Music Director/Conductor (Pianist)
- Vocal Director and/or Choral Prep
- Vocal Arranger
- Guitar - acoustic
- ACTORS EQUITY ASSOCIATION (AEA)
Person of Color?