Regis High School
Category: Music Director
|Location||Regis High School in NYC|
Regis seeks a qualified candidate for a stipend position as a pit orchestra and jazz band director beginning September 1, 2022, who will report directly to the Arts Department Chair. Work hours may vary and will include some evenings and weekends closer to the performance dates in December 2022 and May 2023.
Experience working with adolescents
Proficiency with multiple musical instruments
Must have received the Covid-19 vaccination
Successful experience in musicals and conducting an orchestra in a school setting
1. Work with producer, director, and vocal director to select a musical for students
2. Audition students and organize a pit band for a high school musical
3. Meet regularly with students 5x/week (Tuesdays from 7:30 am -9:30 am; Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 1 pm- 5 pm) from September through December and 3x/week from January through May to work with the musical and instrumental clubs (jazz club, jazz ensemble, orchestra)
4. From September-December, come to full band/singing rehearsals during the school week (tech and dress rehearsals)
5. Conduct the pit band and vocalists during the performances in December
6. Conduct the pit band and vocalists during the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Spring Concert
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, and a list of three references via https://regis.org/jobposting.cfm Only qualified applicants, when all required documents are submitted, will be contacted regarding next steps. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.