|Location||West Hollywood, CA|
ABOUT MOONBUG ENTERTAINMENT:
Moonbug is a next generation entertainment company that has cemented itself in the children's media space. Would you like to be part of the next frontier of inspiring and engaging stories to kids around the world?
Founded in 2018, with primary offices in London and Los Angeles, Moonbug creates, produces and publishes thousands of minutes of video and audio content every month with the goal of teaching compassion, empathy and resilience. We are a fast-paced global company, and have already grown to become the largest kids’ entertainment company on digital platforms in the world. Some of our existing titles include global sensations CoComelon, Blippi, Little Baby Bum, Morphle, Supa Strikas, ARPO and many more which are available in 32 languages and can be viewed on more than 100 platforms globally.
Moonbug is part of Candle Media, an independent, creator-friendly home for cutting-edge, high-quality, category-defining brands and franchises. Candle is run by leading entertainment executives Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs, and backed by investment capital from funds managed by Blackstone’s flagship private equity business.
This role will report full-time ON-SITE at our West Hollywood Office.
Moonbug is looking for a talented Music Composer to join our CoComelon team in Los Angeles!
- Under the direction of the MD, collaborate and follow strategies and processes to maintain and implement across all audio pipelines.
- Maintain a clear line of communication with the music production team to ensure the flow of assets is seamless.
- Drive and oversee the process of making music albums/tracks all the way from creative inception to final master stage.
- Collaborate with relevant IP production coordinator to align on contract requests, purchase orders and metadata.
- Liaise with the team of composers, engineers and lyricists to provide clear feedback (and QC when relevant) during the skeleton, instrumentation, and mixing stages of a composition and then relay to the MD.
- Show high proficiency in the relevant DAW to edit, arrange, compose and make changes to songs and compositions as and when required.
- Record/sequence MIDI tracks on Cubase, keeping track of your progress daily
- Write and develop musical briefs, determine the musical direction of episodes and/or albums, style and instrumentation.
- As and when needed Develop music style bibles for use both internally and externally.
- Execute creative requests from the musical director and assign roles in the Team (Internal or external) to meet specific briefs.
- Coordinate with MD, Label team and production to ensure that album data points are being met and discuss any production issues.
- Under the direction of the MD, maintain regular progress meetings with Creative and Music Production teams. Take the lead on studio-wide meetings as appropriate.
- Direct vocal recording sessions as and when needed or reassign to junior members of staff.
- Ability to write and amend song lyrics and instrumentation as needed.
- Ability to create original songs.
- Under the direction of the MD, collaborate on developing sound and music styles for new strands of content.
- Ensure albums are on schedule and on budget.
- Provide feedback on new talent (singers or composers) as requested.
- Network of lyricists, composers, singers as well as mixing and mastering engineers.
- Ability to take and implement feedback from MD / Creative exes.
- Manage external assistant producers as and when.
- Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
- Work with the animation department in coordinating audio/music needs, making sure everything synchronizes together.
- QC vocal selects, audio recordings, and SFX that everything works cohesively with music in final versions of videos.
- Fine tune and give notes on arrangements, mixes, and final audio deliverables
- Finding freelancers: singers, composers and lyricists.
- Revising and recording musical skeletons and vocal guides to be sent to creative execs, wider teams and/or singers.
- Proven track record in music production.
- Strong understanding of music production from conception to completion (premises, briefs, budgets, deadlines etc).
- Experience in Cubase and Logic Pro
- 3-5 years of working within a creative/media environment - essential.
- Competent user of Google Suite.
- General knowledge of music including composition/arrangement.
- Understanding of Children's music
- Good knowledge of music theory
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to foster and maintain great working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Ability to time manage across multiple deadlines
- Ability to sing.
- Knowledge of production pipelines including animation and video editing
- Ability to score to visuals
- Experience with vocal tuning, vocal editing, and mixing
- Interest in animation
- Experience in the kids' space
- Understanding of sound design
- A 2nd language such as Latin American Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Wellness Resources
How to Apply
Apply via LinkedIn