MAESTRA MUSIC is seeking a year-long Administrative Intern for 2023
Term: February – December 2023
College credit or stipend available. Seeking a college or graduate student or early-career adult. 10 hours per week, schedule is flexible. A monthly stipend of $500 or college credit will be provided. Women, Nonbinary, and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Are you interested in spending a year working with a young non-profit organization committed to serving women and nonbinary theater musicians? Join Maestra’s team!
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and write INTERNSHIP APPLICATION in the subject of the email. Applications due by 6 pm EST Friday, January 27th.
Our Administrative Intern will be involved in the daily operations of the organization. Our work includes the Directory at the center of our website (www.maestramusic.org), regional and online community groups, ongoing DEIA training and resources, a data and statistics project, the Maestra Mentorship program, technical workshops, and ongoing fundraising efforts and awareness campaigns.
The Administrative Intern will work alongside our Administrative Assistant in the service of the Board and the membership. This intern will have a hand in the day-to-day tasks of running a non-profit including management and fundraising efforts.
Our work in 2023 will be hybrid: many meetings will continue to be online via Zoom, but we do have an office in NYC and will be planning and hosting many in-person events. Physical location in NYC is preferred.
Maestra uses Google Suite, Photoshop, Adobe, iMovie/Final Cut, Bloomerang, Dropbox, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, MailChimp, Vimeo, Slack, Zapier, and Asana. Familiarity with at least some of these programs is helpful.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Attending meetings at various times and taking notes
- Managing and responding to organizational email
- Maintaining and updating the Maestra website, Directory, and Jobs Board
- Managing contacts and emails in our database and within the Directory
- Working with data including data entry, proofreading, spreadsheet management, photocopying, updating and organizing files and charts
- Researching grants, corporate giving, and other development opportunities
- Assisting marketing team on social efforts including graphic design, captioning, video editing, and management of our blog and weekly newsletter
- Assisting with event planning, which may include online research, handling correspondence, attending meetings, running errands, etc.
- Coordinating volunteers
Ideal candidate has:
- Very strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and work independently
- Familiarity with basic graphic design skills