Maestra Music is seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications, which will be a new full-time position within the organization. The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
As a member of the senior staff, the Director of Marketing & Communications will be involved in organization-wide strategic and business planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives. The position reports to the Founder.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and write DIRECTOR OF MARKETING APPLICATION in the subject of the email. Applications due by 6 pm EST Friday, December 2nd.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
Strategy & Management
- Lead development and implementation of Organization’s Marketing & Communications Plan and ensures adherence to the goals and brand outlined therein.
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Founder and Board of Directors.
- Work closely with program staff to design and implement communications strategies and effective messaging for organizational and project-specific goals.
- Work with the Treasurer to develop annual budgets for marketing & communications and monitor progress, assure adherence, and evaluate performance.
- Assist our program staff in ensuring our communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences.
- Nurture and manage some external partnerships that support organizational marketing and fundraising goals.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual Marketing & Communications Plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs, special events, and donor cultivation.
Content Strategy and Management
- Oversee the development, design, and distribution of high-quality print and electronic collateral including but not limited to annual report, brochures, and newsletters.
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging digital content for Organization’s website, social media, and email channels that leads to measurable action.
Press and Public Relations
- Identify trends, monitor current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities for Organization to engage in and/or lead the conversation on gender equity in musical theater.
- Guide the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press kits and materials, interview preparation, and responses to media requests.
- Develop and/or maximize close partnerships with members of the media.
Fundraising and Outreach
- Assist membership and development staff with fundraising appeals and events.
- Occasionally edit grant proposals.
- Occasionally represent Organization at public events.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of professional experience, including leading the communications, marketing, social media and public relations activities of a high-growth organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, area of study preferred in the areas of communications and marketing-related field (e.g. marketing, management, advertising, journalism, and/or communications)
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the successful development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills, with the experience of managing multiple projects at a time
- Experience overseeing the design and production of online and print collateral and publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills with great attention to accuracy and detail
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience developing and implementing successful social marketing strategies
- Proven track record in developing a broad spectrum of proactive media relations campaigns and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office required – Adobe Design Suite experience preferred
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple concurrent projects while also being highly detail-oriented with attention to quality
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Organization’s mission
Salary range between $60k – $70k annually plus health benefits
Position is located in New York City and will be both in-person and virtual
Ideal Start Date: January 15, 2023
Maestra Music provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
ABOUT MAESTRA MUSIC
Maestra Music, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization based in New York that provides support, visibility, and community to the women and nonbinary people who make the music in the musical theater industry. Maestra envisions a world in which women and nonbinary people have equitable access, visibility, and creative impact in the musical theater industry. These musicians are historically and consistently under-represented in musical theatre. By delivering on our mission, we will be a catalyst and driving force to help achieve gender equity in our business.